- This event has passed.
Bell’s Brewery presents: Dark Night, Darker Beers
December 21, 2017 @ 5:03 pm - 11:00 pm
A state-wide event celebrating the longest night of the year (the winter solstice) with 12+ Bell’s stouts on tap including some that rarely travel beyond the Eccentric Café in downtown Kalamazoo. The exact lineup will vary from event to event, but these are some of the stouts that will be available:
· Smoked Stout (6% ABV) – Wood smoke aromas and underlying smoky flavors
· Mole Stout (8.3% ABV) – Brewed with cocoa, cinnamon, coriander, black pepper and dried Ancho, Guajillo and Chipotle chile peppers
· Harry Magill’s Spiced Stout (7.8% ABV) – Named after Larry Bell’s great-grandfather, brewed with molasses, maple syrup, ginger, brewers’ licorice and nutmeg
· Rye Stout (5.6% ABV) – Brewed with three different rye malt additions
· Oatmeal Stout (7% ABV) – Silky texture and mouthfeel
· Bear Hug Imperial Stout (9.5% ABV) – A showcase of hop aroma without being overly bitter
· Sweet Potato Stout (7% ABV) – Made with sweet potatoes, spices, molasses and honey
· Overland Stout (6.7% ABV) – A beer fans of Black IPAs will appreciate.
· Java Stout (7.5% ABV) – Made with coffee beans roasted by Michigan’s Water Street Coffee Joint and brewed fresh for All Stouts Day as this beer was not packaged in bottles in 2017.
· Trumpeter’s Stout (4% ABV) – Dry, Irish-style, sessionable
· Arabicadabra Coffee Milk Stout (5.5% ABV) – A new bottled Bell’s beer for 2017 brewed with cold brewed coffee, from beans roasted in Michigan.
· Kalamazoo Stout (6% ABV) – Classic Bell’s year-round stout first introduced in 1988
· Special Double Cream Stout (6.1% ABV) – Made with 10 specialty malts
· Expedition Stout (10.5% ABV) – Award-winning Russian Imperial Stout
· Cherry Stout (7% ABV) – Made with cherry juice sourced from the Traverse City area
· Other, rare fan favorites will be announced at a later date.
As part of this celebration, a special Bell’s Untappd badge will also be available to anyone who checks into a Bell’s stout during the week of Dec. 16 through midnight on Dec. 23.
For the past eight years, Bell’s has celebrated All Stouts Day at its pub on the first Sunday of November. For this annual Bell’s holiday, all of the Café’s taps are turned over to stouts in celebration. Originally known as the 10 Stouts of November, Bell’s enthusiastically embraced a style that was a stark contrast to what other craft breweries were leaning toward in the mid to late 1990s. Brewing a wide variety of stouts is one of the ways Bell’s celebrates its independence. It is also a celebration of a style that so many love and appreciate. This is a unique opportunity for Bell’s beer fans outside of Bell’s hometown to sample and enjoy these rare beers.
Locations around the state of Michigan
· Buck Burgers & Brew, St. Joseph
· Monelli’s, Portage and Wyoming
· Cultivate Coffee and Tap House, Ypsilanti
· One Eyed Betty’s, Ferndale
· Palate, Milford
· 7 Monks Taproom, Traverse City
· DIGS Gastropub, Marquette
· Governors Quarters, Bay City
· Hopcat, East Lansing